- Extensive experience of many areas of science (molecular biology, genetic manipulation, primary tissue culturing, cancer biology)
Communication, Networking and Public relations:
- Assimilate and simplify complex data and communicate it effectively to lay and expert audiences (oral, written, web-based)
- Extensive teaching experience (public, departmental lectures and tutorials)
-Extensive scientific communications experience (school groups, community groups, companies and financial contributors)
- Media experience (appeared in print, radio and television media.)
Analytics and Problem-Solving:
- Identification of salient questions and generation of testable hypotheses. Design and implement investigational strategies. Collate and analyse data from multiple complex information streams, and assimilate data to yield novel insight
Project Management and Leadership:
- Project management and mentoring (Students and research technicians): conceptualisation, overseeing data analyses and report writing
- Sits on high-level management committees, including Biosafety, ethics committees and grant advisory panels.
Computer and Bioinformatic skills:
- Coding in the computer language Ruby and R.
- Android app creation.